Zirocco Surface Dryer heats up the road marking industry
As the Winter time fast approaches and the weather gets colder, windier, and wetter, line marking jobs are slowing down. This is due to the inability to mark damp or wet surfaces, as the surface will not be able to provide the right conditions for the product’s adhesion.
This can have a large effect on our roads, as reinstatement jobs will be less likely to get completed, reducing the overall safety of the surface due to old markings with low-visibility. As well as this, the line marking industry slows down, as jobs become sparser.
A machine has recently been innovating the line marking industry, as it allows line marking jobs to carry on as usual throughout the Winter months, completely changing the game. Working in many different environments, such as roads, airports, car parks, and outdoor facilities, the Zirocco is flexible and beneficial to almost all line marking jobs.
One of Meon’s customers already using the Zirocco surface dryer has reported zero working days lost this Winter, all thanks to the machine. On rainy days when they would normally have to stop/postpone their line marking job, they have simply used the Zirocco to dry the surface ahead of laying the markings.
As well as drying the surface, the Zirocco also pre-heats it as it goes. This not only means skipping out a step for many line marking jobs, but it speeds up the curing process of the paints laid, making the project noticeably faster.
The Zirocco Surface Dryer brings turbine technology and state-of-the-art mobile electronic controls into surface treatment for the surface marking industry.
Meon’s top 5 reasons for using a Zirocco Surface Dryer are:
- It Saves Time: The use of a Zirocco in any Winter line marking job will save time massively by allowing the surface to be dry and pre-warmed in minutes. Other methods, such as using gas bottles produce a dampened air, which takes longer to completely dry the surface compared to the use of a Zirocco, which produces clean, dry air. The need for the use of a gas torch is also eliminated as the surface has already been heated by the Zirocco, therefore ‘skipping’ a separate section of the process.
- It Increases Productivity: The use of a Zirocco in line marking job saves massive amounts of time. As well as this, the machine can be handled independently and conveniently as there is no need for an air compressor, making the machine lighter and easier to use. The Zirocco is very flexible and can be used by hand-push for smaller jobs or pushed by a Graco Line Driver for larger products, meaning there is no need for a change in machines depending on the job.
- It Saves Costs: The Zirocco Surface Dryer has very low operating costs due to the fact that it runs on diesel and uses turbine fuel, and produces an effective job every time. Using a Zirocco also massively speeds up the process of line marking, reducing costs in equipment hire, labour, and any downtime caused by the job.
- It Is Very Versatile: The Zirocco can be used safely in populated areas as it does not use a pressurized LPG, as well as surfaces used by vehicles such as roads and runways. It also has the ability to be used in both a forward and a reverse direction, by hand or being pushed by a line driver. This makes the Zirocco perfect for almost all surface drying jobs.
- It reduces Product Cure Times: As well as drying the surface it runs over, the Zirocco also heats it up. This contributes to the curing of the line marking product laid after the use of the Zirocco – as higher temperatures speed up the curing process. Many times the product/surface is heated with a gas torch to decrease curing time, which is not environmentally healthy and can add extra time and costs to the job.