Strada GroundApp helps with construction project calculations
GroundApp is a one-stop solution supporting a broad range of site calculations and quantity estimations in construction projects.
For on-site usage, it acts as a perfect replacement for expensive tools like AutoCAD. It is aimed at site engineers, foremen, buyers, site supervisors, builders, and quantity surveyors.
The app has been developed responding to a critical need in construction projects, where personnel use multiple, ad-hoc tools to routinely evaluate quantities and dimensions. This way, and mostly performed away from the office, calculations are cumbersome, time consuming, and error prone.
Moreover, different personnel from the same company use a varied set of tools and site managers have no control over the estimations made this way. It is in this context that GroundApp is released as an easy-to-use tool.
The app is purposely designed with easy enough visual interfaces and schematics for the use of the workers that might not necessarily have the required engineering background. The app hosts multiple calculation modules with clear and plain sketches and schematics.
The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
GroundApp is developed by Strada Imaging Ltd a deep tech SME headquartered in the UK, providing innovative hardware and software solutions to the transportation infrastructure industry. The mobile app is created through an intense collaboration with engineers with vast experience in civil construction.
The Civil Engineering Department of Aston University, Birmingham supported usability studies and product testing. The app has already been piloted among a set of construction personnel in the UK, receiving highly positive feedback.
The app costs around US$14 for lifetime use. It is also available in all other countries for similar costs.
Key features of GroundApp
- Intuitive and easy to use interfaces
- Clear illustrations
- Shingle weight and volume calculations
- Volume and formwork area estimations for pile caps
- Quantification of blockwork, cladding, and paving
- Volume to weight conversions and vice versa for 12 different materials
- Material quantification for different types of tarmac
- Concrete volume estimation for different kerb types
- Laser level calculations
- Concrete volume estimation for metal decking
- Ring size calculations for manholes
- Calculations for brick manholes
- Pipe calculations deriving gradients and equivalent numbers
- Coordinate transformations
- Radial setting out
- Polygon areas and perimeters
- Distances and bearing between points
- Metric units; imperial units for selected modules
- Wherever applicable references are provided for traceability
- Works without an internet connection
- Single license costs US$14 for lifetime use; the license can be transferred to another phone
- Many more exciting features on the way
- Works on Android and iOS devices
- Get it from Google Play and Apple’s App Store