Cameroon invites Expressions of Interest for Consultant Services for 241km Road Rehabilitation
The Republic of Cameroon’s Ministry of Public Works has announced a Notice of Interest for Consulting Services on their Transport Sector Support Program phase 2 – Rehabilitation of the Yaoundé-Bafoussam-Babadjou road (241 km)
Opinion N ° 60 / AMI / MINTP / SG / DGET / CSEPR ADB-BM / APM / CA4 / 2017 OF 03/04/2017 Sector: Transport
The Government has received funding from the African Development Bank / African Development Fund to cover the cost of the Transport Sector Support Program Phase 2 and intends to also use part of the sums granted under this loan to finance the contract to raise awareness of the ZIP (zone of influence of the project), the fight against STI / HIV / AIDS, malaria, marriage and pregnancy Environmental protection, compliance with the highway code and axle load, and the training of women’s associations in the management of agricultural Call for expressions of interest.
The services provided for under this contract include:
- Training of trainers in awareness-raising sessions for road users.
- The training of women’s associations in the management of equipment for the processing of agricultural products.
- Sensitization of these people to the fight against STI / HIV / AIDS and malaria.
- Raising public awareness of the risks of early marriages and pregnancies.
- Raising public awareness of road safety and compliance with the highway code and axle load.
- Sensitizing people to preserve the environment, good agricultural practice and the management of the terroir, in the zones crossed by the project of rehabilitation of the Yaounde-Bafoussam-Babadjou road as a whole.
The Ministry of Public Works invites consultancy firms to submit their applications to provide the services described above. Interested consulting firms must produce information on their past contracts and experience demonstrating that they are qualified for the services (documentation, reference of similar services, experiments in comparable missions, availability of qualified personnel, etc.). The Consultants can offer joint-ventures in order to increase their chances of qualification.
The following criteria will be used for the evaluation and shortlisting by the use of the binary method:
- General experience in the field of awareness raising and training of associations (with proof: copy of contract + certificates of performance or PV).
- Specific experience for similar assignments (with proof: copy of contract + proof of performance or VP).
- Experience in the field of development projects financed by the technical financial partners.
The eligibility criteria, shortlisting and selection procedure will be in accordance with the “Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” of the African Development Bank, May 2008 Edition revised in July 2012, Which are available on the Bank’s website at: www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain additional information at the address below, during the following business hours: 10:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Expressions of interest must be lodged at the address mentioned below no later than 05/05/2017, at 15:30 hours and be marked “AWARENESS OF THE POPULATIONS OF THE PROJECT INFLUENCE ZONE” IN THE FIGHT AGAINST STI / HIV / AIDS, MALARIA, PREGNANT MARRIAGES AND PREGNANCY, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, COMPLIANCE WITH THE CODE OF THE ROAD AND LOAD TO THE AXLE, AND THE TRAINING OF FEMALE ASSOCIATIONS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS PROCESSING EQUIPMENT, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE YAOUNDE-BAFOUSSAM-BABADJOU ROAD REHABILITATION PROJECT “.
Address: To the Minister of Public Works Directorate General of Technical Studies Cell of Follow-up of the Execution of the Road Projects ADB – BM; Located at the Regional Public Works Delegation of the Center. Geographical address: Ministry of Public Works, Yaounde, Cameroon Telephone: (237) 22-22-44-51 or 22-22-22-94; Fax: (237) 22-23-48-78 or 22-22-22-94 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org