MB Crusher turns a complex jobsite on Mayotte into a piece of cake
Mayotte is an island of 250,000 people that is part of the Comoros archipelago of islands off southeast Africa. With sandy beaches, coconut trees and one of the largest lagoons in the world, this beautiful blissful scene seemed to be perfect.
However, such perfection hides many complicated and expensive issues, that local contractors need to face on their jobsites, these include:
- importing aggregates, which is unthinkable as the cost is too high;
- mobility is penalised by the island hilly landscape;
- many locations are simply inaccessible with big machinery.
Turning a complex jobsite into a piece of cake
The solution on this project was an MB Crusher Bucket BF135.8 mounted on a Doosan DX530LC excavator.
With the excavator, they could reach locations no other machines could, and crush the basalt rock slag to use as a road sub-base.
What once would have been a complex worksite turned into a very profitable one, as the slag that before was considered waste, is now a precious material on Mayotte that can be used make new roads, and the excess sold off locally creating a profitable revenue source.
What once was a difficult job is now a much easier work environment, but the advantages don’t end here:
- The marvellous environment is preserved as the material crushed is part of the island itself;
- Only one machine and one operator is carrying out the job, big money-savings, and CO² reduction;
- There is no need to move the material to process it in a plant and the transport costs are eliminated.
The MB Crusher jaw-crusher bucket can be mounted on any brand of excavators from 5 tons to over 70 tons, and the full range spans 12 models, some of which can even be fitted to skid steers, loaders, and backhoes.
MB Crusher provides solutions for recycling materials directly on site, with just one excavator (or loader, backhoe loader, skid steer) and one operator.
With just one man and one machine you can obtain:
- GSB material for road construction;
- Sub-base material for infrastructures;
- Filling material for piping;
- Soil for the maintenance of parkland farmland and woodland.