Ritchie Bros. sees record attendance for US$56+ million auction in Texas
Ritchie Bros.’ Fort Worth auction site set a new bidder record during its first auction of the year last week, attracting close to 7,200 people to participate in its US$56+ million auction.
More than 4,800 items from 670+ owners were sold in the two-day event (March 12 – 13). Approximately 88% of the assets were purchased by U.S. buyers, including 44% purchased by buyers from Texas. International buyers from such countries as Mexico, Malaysia, and Australia purchased 12% of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 64% of the assets.
“We are pleased with our Fort Worth auction this week, attracting 38% more bidders year over year,” said Neal Black, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “Texas continues to be a robust market for Ritchie Bros., where consignors and buyers look to us as a destination of choice to help manage their fleets, whether through our live onsite auctions in Fort Worth and Houston or our online solutions through IronPlanet and Marketplace-E.”
Mr. Black continues, “In fact, we have an IronPlanet online auction this week with more than 130 items from Texas sellers. Our next onsite auctions in Texas will be in April (Houston) and May (Fort Worth).”
Equipment highlights in the Fort Worth auction included 440+ truck tractors, 190+ aerial work platforms, 150+ excavators, 95+ loader backhoes, 90+ skid steers, 65+ flatbed trucks, 50+ wheel loaders, 45+ telehandlers, 40+ dump trucks, 30+ dozers, 25 motor graders, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific sale highlights
- Two 2011 Caterpillar 725 5,000-gallon 6×6 water wagons sold for a combined US$300,000
- A 2011 Caterpillar 980K wheel loader sold for US$237,500
- A 2008 Grove TMS900E 90-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck crane sold for US$195,000
- A 2013 Hagie STS10 90-ft 4×4 sprayer sold for US$160,000
- A 2013 Peterbilt 367 10x6x4 w/ QMC 70100R 25-ton boom truck sold for US$135,000
Auction quick facts
- Total gross transactional value – US$56+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$35+ million (64 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – close to 7,200
- Registered online bidders – 5,600+
- Total lots sold – 4,800+
- Number of sellers – 670+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 55,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale through its various marketplaces. For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit rbauction.com and ironplanet.com.