Learn to grow your business at the World of Asphalt and AGG1 Academy
Aggregates and asphalt industry professionals can take advantage of more than 120 learning opportunities at the 2018 World of Asphalt and AGG1 Academy & Expo to explore industry trends, technologies, solutions and best practices.
The co-located AGG1 Academy & Expo and World of Asphalt Show and Conference will be held March 6-8, 2018, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston. One registration includes access to both shows. Register through Feb. 16 for advance discounts on show admission and education programs.
A mix of new and back-by-popular-demand sessions covers areas including technology, regulatory, safety and health, environment, operations/production and management. The focused education complements the shows’ exhibits of the newest equipment, products and services from leading industry manufacturers and suppliers.
The sessions are brought to you by the People, Plants & Paving Conference from the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) and the AGG1 Academy from the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA). For maximum flexibility, the conferences offer several ticket options, with no pre-selection of specific sessions required.
Additional learning options, presented by NSSGA, include two Quarry Tours and Basic Supervisory Training and Strategic Sales Training programs.
Developed and delivered by industry experts, the targeted sessions emphasize real-world strategies and offer actionable knowledge that both beginning and experienced professionals can use in their business operations and on the jobsite.
“Education has always been at our forefront to meet a real demand for quality asphalt industry education that is comprehensive and conveniently offered. Attendees can learn directly from the experts and interact with peers; it’s a great opportunity to invest in themselves to increase their knowledge and help their companies prosper,” said Kevin Kelly, president of Walsh & Kelly and World of Asphalt 2018 chair.
“Our employees are our most valuable resource, and the AGG1 Academy offers a tremendous value for aggregates producers to invest in that resource by boosting our workforce’s skills and knowledge,” said Joel Galassini, regional president for CEMEX and chair of NSSGA’s Meetings & Education Committee. “This is, hands down, the best opportunity for our industry to take advantage of education covering essentially every aspect of aggregates production.”
Prepare for Success with Quality Education
NAPA’s People, Plants & Paving Conference covers asphalt-related industry innovations and best practices over five tracks:
- People – Focuses on the important skills necessary to manage and coach personnel to their maximum performance.
- Plants – Experts will discuss how to evaluate and improve plant performance and to keep the plant operating at peak levels.
- Paving – Learn important techniques to construct safe and smooth quality pavements at optimum efficiency and enhanced profitability.
- Pavement Preservation – Learn techniques used to extend the life of pavements such as seal coats, in-place recycling and crack sealing.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) – Obtain the tools, best practices and innovations to build a world class EH&S culture. These sessions are tailored to the EH&S professionals at asphalt plants and sites.
NSSGA’s AGG1 Academy helps aggregates industry professionals learn best practices, discover new technologies, and develop skills in topic areas related to aggregates production, safety, technology, management, and environmental stewardship. Targeted tracks include:
- Operations & Production – Dig into virtually every aspect of plant operations, production, and equipment maintenance, from 101-level courses to the latest technologies, processes and products that aggregate producers are using to produce aggregates and manage their fleets in creative and innovative ways.
- Business Management & Leadership – These classes focus on the business of your operation and professional development, including understanding business and financial principles, dealing with the surrounding community, and ways to market and sell your product.
- Automation, Technology & Software – Learn automation basics, discover new ideas and technologies being applied to aggregate production, and find out how emerging technologies are changing the way you do business.
- Environment, Safety & Health – These sessions demonstrate best practices and techniques for the aggregates industry to be efficient, safe, healthy and environmentally responsible.
Houston Is ‘Open for Business’
AGG1 and World of Asphalt show management continue to be in contact with Houston officials, who say that the city is open for business and ready to welcome attendees and exhibitors to the shows in March. Most of Houston’s attractions have reopened as of late Fall, and the George R. Brown Convention Center and surrounding hotels sustained no damage and are fully functional.
About World of Asphalt and AGG1
AGG1 Academy & Expo focuses exclusively on the aggregates industry as its leading exposition and education resource, also co-located with the NSSGA Annual Convention.
World of Asphalt Show & Conference is the prestigious and largest education conference and exhibition focused on the asphalt, pavement maintenance and traffic safety industry sectors.
World of Asphalt Show and Conference is owned by NAPA, NSSGA and AEM and produced by AEM. AGG1 Academy & Expo is owned and produced by NSSGA. The shows are held annually except in CONEXPO-CON/AGG years, with that show spotlighting the exhibitors and products of World of Asphalt and AGG1.