StripesnSigns on the fast track in East and Central Africa
StripesnSigns by Edgepoint Company Ltd, a construction company in Tanzania that began their operations in 2011 has won all 6 major Tanzanian Road Marking contracts in the financial year of 2019/2020.
The contracts consist of Road Marking works and supply and installation of road furniture including traffic signs, Guardrails and Delianators including others.
Locally owned, StripesnSigns is one of the fastest growing Construction Company in the region though its’ strategy of capitalizing in providing auxiliary works to Chinese Civil Construction Companies that are building over 1,000 kilometres of new roads in Tanzania, as well as leverage on maintenance works under the Tanzania Roads Authorities.
StripesnSigns has shown capacity to execute works of big magnitude, and by doing so has won:
- Road Marking Project Dar es Salaam Lot I and Lot II- 18,000m thermoplastic road marking and supply and install over 300 traffic signs,
- Road Marking Project Dodoma- 8,000m thermoplastic road marking and supply and install 30 traffic signs,
- Road marking Project Arusha Lot I and Lot II- 7,000m thermoplastic road marking and supply and install over 200 traffic signs,
- Supply and installation of 200 Traffic and information signs along the Julius Nyerere HydroPowr Project
- Supply and installation of over 500 Traffic signs and Guardrails to SINOHYDRO project in Geita, Tanzania
- Supply of 1,000 tons of Thermoplastic Road Marking paint to Rwanda, though Horizon Group of Companies.
StripesnSigns began their journey in 2017 when they won contracts from the Tanzania Road Authority, which consisted of 70% civil works and 30% road marking works. It was from this job that the company spread its wings and became a beacon within the regional construction industry.
StripesnSigns has executed over 150 kilometres of Road marking projects to date, produced 1,000+ traffic signs and installed 300 street lights.
The Managing Director, Chris Rabi, said: “It looks like it is going to be a good year for StripesnSigns, have been awarded 4 contracts mainly with the government. We are very excited at the work that we have for the year 2020 and believe that we still have more to offer in the East and Central African region within the construction industry.”
Ms. Lilian Makoi, the Director of strategy, added: “As the business environment is favorable we believe that we will be doing more work with the government and foreign companies constructing new tarmac roads in the country, which we see as a unique opportunity for local contractors in Tanzania.”