Hard Hat colour scheme introduced by Highways England
As from 1st January 2017, a new Hard Hat colour scheme will be enforced on Contractors working on national road projects in the United Kingdom.
- Black safety helmets – for site supervisors.
- Orange safety helmets – for slingers/signallers.
- White safety helmets – for general use, managers, clients and competent operatives.
- Blue safety helmets – for inexperienced workers and site visitors.
However, many asphalt and road construction contractors and civil engineers are questioning the requirement for safety helmets to be worn on open road projects where there are no overhead dangers.
- What are these safety helmets protecting?
- Is the colour of the helmet destined to become a status symbol?
Engage with us on Facebook & Twitter and let us know what you think.