Procurement Notice – Mozambique Mtwara Development Corridor
Republic of Mozambique Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Water Resources
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Mtwara Development Corridor N381/R2151between Mueda-Negomano
Phase 1: Roma to Negomano
- The Government of Mozambique has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank to finance the upgrading of a portion of road that connects Mueda to Negomano at the Border with Tanzania Republic, connecting this country through Unity Bridge. This portion of road is part of Mtwara Development Corridor, a Regional predefined corridor. The proceeds of the Loan are intended to be used for procurement of civil works and consulting services for the project. African Development Bank and the Government of Mozambique will jointly finance the project.
- The overall objective of the project is to upgrade the road from Mueda to Negomano (169 Km)
- The project includes the following components:
(i) Road Construction: upgrading of a portion of road linking Mueda to Negomano, Phase 1 between Roma and Negomano (70 km). This component also includes installation of weighbridges; and
(ii) Consulting services, including supervision of Civil Works
- Procurement of goods and/or works will be in accordance with the Bank’s Rules of Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Works, May 2008 version revised 2012. Acquisition of the services of Consultants will follow the Bank’s Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants, May 2008 version revised 2012.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information and should confirm their interest by contacting:
Administração Nacional de Estradas (ANE)
Gabinete do Director Geral Unidade Gestora Executora das Aquisições (UGEA)
Avenida de Moçambique, 1225 C.P. 1439,
Maputo – Moçambique