New Cat D6K fuel efficient dozer even more productive with GRADE Technology
The new Cat D6K dozer combines best-in-class fuel efficiency with the power and precision to excel in a wide range of jobs. With this latest update, the versatile bulldozer gains productivity by adding a choice of optional GRADE technology features to help operators get more quality work done in less time.
A proven Cat C7.1 ACERT™ engine delivers 97 kW of reliable power. Eco Modes optimize engine speed, while maintaining ground speed, saving up to 18 percent fuel in lighter blade load applications like finish grading. To provide versatility for a variety of tasks, the hydrostatic transmission offers superior manoeuvrability, excellent steering response and the ability to push full blade loads. Optimized undercarriage design provides fast, smooth finish grading capability.
The D6K replaces the current D6K2 following a recent model name simplification plan by Caterpillar.
Cat Connect Technologies
To help get more quality work done in less time, the new D6K offers a range of optional Cat Connect GRADE technologies. Experienced operators can work more productively and less experienced operators can achieve better quality results more quickly. These smart features are integrated right into the machine at the factory – no additional external hardware or software is required.
- Cat GRADE with Slope Assist™, helps operators reach target slope fast by automatically maintaining the dozer blade’s established blade angles. Finish up to 39 percent faster, with up to 68 percent better surface quality and using up to 82 percent less operator effort.
- Cat Stable Blade monitors blade movement and automatically adjusts raise and lower, in concert with the operator, to achieve a smoother grade quicker and with less effort.
- Cat Slope Indicate displays machine cross slope and mainfall (fore/aft orientation) on the primary monitor, helping operators put the machine on a desired slope and maintain that grade throughout each pass.
For more complex design plans, the D6K can be outfitted with optional Cat AccuGrade™. The dealer-installed aftermarket grade-control system provides increased grading versatility and the ability to scale capacity to changing needs. The system provides a choice of lasers for 2D flat-plane and slope work, Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) control for complex 3D cuts and contours, and/or systems using a Universal Total Station (UTS) for fine and finish grading. The AccuGrade Ready Option allows easy installation of Cat AccuGrade 2D and 3D grade-control systems to add versatility and resale value.
Cat Connect LINK technologies offer telematics to wirelessly connect users to their equipment, providing valuable insight into machine or fleet performance. Product Link™ is deeply integrated into machines, providing easy access to timely information, such as machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time, and event codes. Data is available via the online VisionLink® user interface for assisting in more effectively managing the fleet and reducing operating costs.
Ease of Operation
The latest D6K offers several features to help match the work and make the operator’s job easier:
- The new Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is easy to read and common across a range of Cat dozers. The display supports Slope Assist when ordered, and acts as the optional rear camera screen, so no additional monitor is needed.
- Optional Automatic Traction Control automatically reduces track slip in poor underfoot conditions, improving productivity and finish surface quality.
- Standard Bi-directional control dial allows preselected forward/reverse speeds for reduced effort and improved efficiency. Save the settings as operator profile for even more convenience.
- Optional mounting bracket on the back of the machine keeps a shovel handy for quick undercarriage cleanout.
D6K Product Specifications
|Cat C7.1 ACERT
159 hp (DIN)
132 hp (DIN)
|Operating Weight, XL
|13 500 kg
|Operating Weight, LGP
|14 350 kg
|Blade capacity range (m3)
|3.26 – 3.81 m3