IQ Academy webinar focuses on Mineral Planning Threats
Planning issues concerning the safeguarding of surface and underground mineral resources will be explored in the second in a series of 30 minute ‘Lunch and Learn’ webinars from IQ Academy.
Running from 12.30-13.00 on 22nd February 2018, ‘Mineral Planning – Current Threats’ is presented by Spencer Warren, Director of Heaton Planning. Heaton Planning are planning permission consultants specialising in minerals and waste planning matters. Spencer has more than 20 years of experience working in the minerals extraction sector and his presentation will explore current planning policy and guidance.
- Identifying what are considered to be the threats to the Mineral Planning System.
- How these threats influence the industry.
- The need for safeguarding and avoiding sterilisation.
- Other factors influencing the planning system.
- Understanding the system and recognising the opportunities it can provide.
James Thorne is the Institute of Quarrying’s (IQ) Chief Executive Officer: “The first ‘Lunch and Learn’ webinar was hugely popular, with 120 IQ members logging on to develop their skills and knowledge regarding water abstraction.
“Webinars offer great continuing professional development opportunities (CPD) and are a compact education resource covering issues in the mineral extraction industry. We’re delighted to have Spencer presenting our second webinar, which already has over 100 pre-registrants.”
Spencer joined Heaton Planning in 2004 and completed the acquisition of the practice from Simon Heaton in 2017. He is responsible for the overall management of the practice as well as being fully involved in casework on behalf of a variety of clients. He is also experienced with appeal work, including a number of hearings and public inquiries.
‘Lunch and Learn’ is a new series of issues-related seminars from IQ Academy.
The next webinars to run are:
- The Importance of Geotechnical Assessment; David Jameson from GWP Consultants (Knowledge & Innovation) – March 29th
- Dealing with Change; Adam Daniels from Sibelco (Personal Effectiveness) – April 26th
For details of the full programme of IQ Academy Lunch and Learn webinars and to sign up visit www.quarrying.org/iq-events.