Ritchie Bros. sells €42 million of equipment at December Netherlands auction
Ritchie Bros. sold €42+ million (US$48+ million) of heavy equipment, trucks, and other industrial assets during its two-day auction in Moerdijk, The Netherlands last week.
The auction, which took place on December 6 – 7, 2018, attracted more than 2,100 bidders from 92 countries. Approximately 18 percent of the equipment was sold to buyers from The Netherlands, while international buyers from such countries as Vietnam, Cameroon and the United States purchased 82 percent of the equipment. In addition to strong onsite attendance, 1,500+ bidders participated in the auction online, purchasing approximately 45% of the assets.
“With five big equipment auctions in 2018, Moerdijk has had a strong year, capping it off last week with our largest Moerdijk sale in 10 years,” said Jeroen Rijk, Managing Director, Ritchie Bros. “We had an exceptional selection of equipment and trucks, attracting bidders from nearly every corner of the world; and, with the current appetite for good used equipment, pricing was solid. We’re already looking toward our first European events of 2019, where owners can take advantage of our multiple selling solutions and buyers can easily find the machinery and trucks they need.”
More than 3,100 items were sold in the December Moerdijk auction, including 290+ excavators, 120+ compactors, 95+ loaders, 400+ aerial work platforms, 140+ van trucks, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices. Specific sales highlights included:
- Six 2016 Volvo EC380EL hydraulic excavators that sold for a combined €890,000
- A 2011 Liebherr LTM1090-4.1 90-ton all-terrain crane that sold for €410,000
- Two 2017 Caterpillar 349D2L hydraulic excavators that sold for a combined €387,500
- Two 2014 Volvo A35G 6×6 articulated dump trucks that sold for a combined €360,000
- Two 2016 Caterpillar 120M VHP Plus motor graders that sold for a combined €298,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: MOERDIJK, THE NETHERLANDS (December 2018)
- Gross transactional value – €42+ million (US$48+ million)
- Amount sold to online bidders – €18+ million
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 2,100+
- Online registered bidders – 1,500+
- Number of lots sold – 3,100+
- Number of sellers – 320+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 50,000+ equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet online auctions, Marketplace-E and its other marketplaces.