Ritchie Bros. sells over 2,600 items for €37 million in The Netherlands
Last week Ritchie Bros. conducted its first Moerdijk, The Netherlands auction of 2019, selling more than 2,600 equipment items and trucks for €37+ million (US$42+ million).
The two-day (February 28 – March 1, 2019) unreserved public auction attracted close to 1,900 bidders from 87 countries, including 1,300+ online bidders. Approximately 77 percent of the equipment was sold to out-of-country buyers from as far away as Nigeria, Australia, and the United States. Thirty-nine percent of the assets were sold to online buyers.
“Our auction last week was a great way to start the year in Moerdijk, with a record crowd for this time of year,” said Diederick van Haselen, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “We saw very active bidding from both onsite and online bidders, helping us achieve solid pricing on the great selection of construction, transportation, and other assets sold in the auction. Consignments are already coming in for our next Moerdijk sale, which takes place in April, right after the world-famous bauma tradeshow in Munich, Germany.”
More than 320 owners consigned equipment to the Moerdijk auction, including ATF, a family-owned earthmoving company founded in 1960 in Belgium.
“We’ve known Ritchie Bros. for some time and now decided to work with them for the first time,” said Tim Vercauteren, Head of Technical Services at ATF. “They’re known for their international marketing power and getting great returns. We’re pleased with the guidance Ritchie Bros. provided and the results of the sale were above expectation.”
Equipment highlights in the Moerdijk auction included 215+ excavators, 125+ compactors, 85+ loaders, 10+ dozers, 20+ articulated dump trucks, 355+ aerial work platforms, and 230+ trucks and vans.
Specific sales highlights included:
- Five 2017 Caterpillar 349D2L hydraulic excavators that sold for a combined €885,000
- Two 2017 Caterpillar 730C2 6×6 articulated dump trucks that sold for a combined €435,000
- Three 2016 Caterpillar 120M VHP Plus motor graders that sold for a combined €346,000
- A 2017 Komatsu D155AX-6 bulldozer that sold for €200,000
- An unused 2017 Manitou MRT2550 privilege 4x4x4 telescopic forklift that sold for €150,000
- Two Mercedes-Benz Actros 3348 6×4 combination trucks w/ Nooteboom lowboy trailers that sold for a combined €357,500
Auction quick facts for Moerdijk, The Netherlands – February 28 to March 1, 2019
- Total gross transactional value – €37+ million (US$42+ million)
- Amount sold to online bidders – €14+ million (US$16+ million)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – Close to 1,900
- Registered online bidders – 1,300+
- Total lots sold – 2,600+
- Number of sellers – 320+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 55,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale through its auctions and marketplaces.