Construction Climate Challenge helps the construction industry break up with carbon
Construction has had a love hate relationship with carbon, but the Construction Climate Challenge (CCC) wants the industry to aim for total carbon neutrality by 2045. So here are the top 5 ways to break the habit.
1. Make better use of technology
Construction is among the LEAST digitised industries, BUT you can cut carbon emission by HALF by scaling up technology.
2. Get smart with building design
It’s possible to cut carbon AND costs by thinking smart.
Offsite construction can reduce up to 90% of construction waste.
3. Find zero-carbon alternatives
Concrete produces 5% of the world’s total man-made emissions.
Reduce its impact with zero cement alternatives like Cemfree.
4. Leave nothing to waste and re-use materials
We produce more than 1 ½ tonnes of waste per person per year.
But up to 8-% of construction waste could be re-used or recycled.
5. Built a better relationship through collaboration
By 2060 we will have added an extra 230 billion m² of buildings.
The CCC aims to make this investment zero carbon by:
- Collaborating across the supply chain
- Funding research projects
- Encouraging the use of regulations like PAS 2080