CAT Footwear launches Kinetic ICE+ Boot to prevent workplace injuries in winter conditions
During any time of the year, the number one cause of workplace injuries are slips, trips and falls. Workplace risks are significantly higher in construction during winter weather conditions of snow and ice. That is why Cat Footwear, innovators of modern work boots and shoes, announced the launch of a new extreme winter weather boot, with the Kinetic ICE+ Work Boot, designed for people who work in dangerous cold weather and wet ice conditions, but styled for everyday use and comfort.
Recognizing the need for a boot that provides both protection and performance in winter, Cat Footwear engineered the tough Kinetic ICE+ boot. With Vibram® Arctic Grip Pro providing best-in-class traction, Cat Footwear is bringing the most innovative protection for people working on wet ice with waterproof leathers, 200 Grams of insulation, a composite toe, and a lightweight midsole. The Kinetic ICE+ is designed to empower people to perform with excellence under even the most intense winter environments.
To bring awareness to the importance of the men and women who work in winter to keep our country going, Cat Footwear traveled to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin during the 2018 Polar Vortex to document the brave, intelligent and hard-working people behind the large-scale, extreme winter work of Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding. Releasing a short film called “Conquering Winter Work” Cat Footwear showcases the drive, resilience, and ingenuity it takes to repair 1000-foot ships in less than 2 months. To celebrate the new winter season at Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding, Cat Footwear will be hosting a viewing party of the Cat Footwear documentary for the Sturgeon Bay community.
“Cat Footwear is known for innovation and solving common problems with work boots, so extending our expertise to design a performance boot for cold winter work was a challenge we felt equipped and experienced to tackle,” said Cat Footwear Work Senior Brand Marketing Manager Garrett McGuire. “There are many people working in extreme winter conditions, but not enough people who appreciate the equipment and expertise it takes to get these jobs done. What makes Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding special is the optimism and sense of community these workers bring to their jobs every day. With this viewing party, we want to focus on celebrating Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding as they enter a new winter season, but also use this opportunity to recognize winter workers all over the world and letting them know their accomplishments don’t go unnoticed.”
- Vibram® Arctic Grip PRO traction pads designed for extreme slip resistance on wet ice; color indicator turns blue when temperature drops below 32°F/0°C
- ASTM F2413-11 Composite Safety Toe protects against impact or compression
- ASTM F2413-05 1/75 EH Electrical Hazard Protection rated to protect against open circuits up to 600 volts in dry conditions
- Cement Construction for added durability
- Waterproof, Full Grain Leather Upper keeps feet dry and protected, and provides long-term durability
- ERGO Technology provides biomechanically considered features engineered to integrate stability, flexibility and comfort
- Insulated with 200 Grams of Thinsulate® patented thermal technology that insulates against the cold, keeping feet warm and comfortable while tackling extreme conditions
- Nylon Mesh Sock Liner for added breath-ability and comfort
- TecTuff Material at the heel for abrasion resistance
- Proprietary DUOFUSE midsole offers additional shock absorption and all-day comfort
- Nylon Shank for added support and stability