Kingdom of Bhutan invites bids for Asian Development Bank funding road project
The Kingdom of Bhutan has received a grant from Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of South Asia Sub-Regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road Connectivity Project.
Bidding is now open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
Phuentsholing Thromde, Ministry of Work & Human Settlement, Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Northern Bypass Road (NBR Package-II) in Phuentsholing.
Only eligible bidders with following key qualifications may participate in the bidding:
- Financial Requirement: Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover (AACT) of Nu. 189 Million (US$2.8 Million) in the last three years.
- Construction Experience Requirement: Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last five years and that is similar to the proposed work, where the value of Bidder’s participation exceeds Nu. 189Million (US$ 2.8 Million).
- Equipment Requirement:
- Motor Grader-1 No
- Front End Loader cum Excavator1No
- Tandem Roller-1No
- Vibratory Roller -2Nos
- Pneumatic Tyred Roller 1No
- Hydraulic Excavator of minimum 220cc capacity -1 No
- Mini Wet Mixing Plant (50TPH)-1Set
- Batch Type Hot Mix Plant 40 TPH Capacity-1Set
- Paver Finisher with Electronic Sensor-1No
- Water Tanker-1No
- Bitumen Sprayer-1 No
- Concrete mixers with integral weigh Batching Facility-1No
- Concrete Batching and Mixing Plant (Minimum Capacity 15 cum/hr)-1set
- Tipper-3 Nos
- Transit Concrete Mixer- 2 Nos
- Personnel for the Project based requirement as per the Section 3, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria/personnel:
- Project Manager with Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering -1No.
- Sr. Quantity Survey Engineer with Bachelor in Civil Engineering -1No.
- Highway Engineer with Bachelors in Civil Engineering-1No.
- Bridge/Structure Engineer with Bachelor/Diploma in Civil Engineering- 1No.
- Material/Quality Control Engineer with Diploma in Civil engineering – 1No.
- Site Engineer(Roads) with Diploma in Civil engineering – 1No.
- Surveyor with Diploma in Civil Engineering-1No.
The Bid Notice was posted 10 January 2017 – Grant No. and Title: 0400-BHU: South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Road Connectivity Project Contract No. and Title: T/Contract/2016/NBR-II/02: Construction of Northern Bypass Road (NBR Package-II) in Phuentsholing. Deadline for Submission of Bids: 9 March 2017, 10:00 Hours (local time)
International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage Two Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB as defined in the Bidding Documents.
To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders can contact the office of Project Coordinator, Mr. D.C.Dhimal at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone No: 975-5-251915/252168 and Fax No: 975-5-252882.
To purchase the bidding documents, in English, eligible bidders should write to request the bidding documents for “PT/Contract/2016/NBR- II/02” and pay a non-refundable fee of Nu. 10,000 or US$ 200 by cash or draft in favour of Phuentsholing Thromde between 09:00 hours to 16:00 hours on any working day from 16 January 2017 till 9 March 2017.
A Pre-Bid Meeting will be held on 8 February 2017 at 15:00 Hours at the meeting hall of Phuentsholing Thromde Office Building.
Deliver bids to: The Project-Coordinator, SASEC RCP, Phuentsholing Thromde Office Building, First Floor, Pelkhil lam, Post Box No: 02, on or before 10:00 Hours on 9 March 2017, together with a bid security.
Bids will be opened at 10:30 Hours on 9 March 2017 in the presence of representatives who choose to attend.