ADB Transport Forum 2020 scheduled for 24 – 28 August
For more than a decade, ADB has hosted the Transport Forum as a premiere gathering of experts, government counterparts, and stakeholders to discuss the region’s transport issues, the applied and potential solutions to these issues, and the future of the sector. Over this time, the Transport Forum has grown to the point that it is acknowledged as the region’s foremost knowledge event on the topic of transport in developing Asia.
For the upcoming seventh Transport Forum in 2020, the organizers intend to maintain the forum’s high standards for sharing knowledge and ideas while also making changes, and introducing new features and activities based on participant feedback and identified needs.
This year’s Transport Forum, with the theme “A Clear Vision for Transport” will examine the challenges and key issues facing sustainable transport in Asia key challenges issues at the dawn of a new decade. The forum will showcase the solutions and opportunities to transform the face of transport in the region, and make transport services and infrastructure more equitable, safer, and more resilient in the face of a changing world.
- provide training opportunities to develop greater understanding on key transport issues, including but not limited to: urban transport, asset management of transport infrastructure, gender equity in transport, and climate change concerns;
- discuss real-world sustainable transport solutions with the policy makers, thought leaders, and practitioners working in the transport sector;
- engage in a unique dialogue between ADB and its developing member countries and partners on the challenges and opportunities facing the transport sector; and
- learn about the latest technical advances, best practices and challenges in sustainable transport covering each of the main transport modes, and the new technologies and approaches that are reshaping the sector.
- Key decision makers of governmental urban transport organizations
- Infrastructure / asset managers of urban transport systems
- Urban transport sector specialists, focused on technical or policy issues
- Policy makers, regulators, and managers from the public and private sectors
- Representatives and experts in urban transport related technologies
- Development and knowledge partners working on urban transport issues
Registration will become available closer to the event date.