The UK APM Project Management Awards 2019 are open for entries
With an exciting new category line-up and a prestigious judging panel in place, the Association for Project Management (APM) has announced their Project Management Awards 2019, sponsored by RPC UK Ltd, are now open for entry.
The APM Awards recognise the valuable contribution that project professionals make to the development of the profession and showcase the best individuals, projects and programmes the profession has to offer.
With 19 categories in total, four of which are completely new to the awards, there’s a refreshed focus this year on rewarding particularly innovative project delivery approaches and achievements.
In more detail the new categories are: Innovation in Projects Award which will focus on project delivery, recognising new and effective methods and Contribution to the Profession Award which will consist of three sub categories – Company, Consultancy and Not-for-Profit/Charity – which have been introduced to recognise the contributions organisations are making towards improvements in project management practice and developing project management teams.
Returning categories include popular academic entries, lifetime contributions, sector-specific awards and many others. Full category descriptions and entry criteria are now available on the APM website.
Debbie Dore, chief executive of APM said: “Our recent ‘The Golden Thread’ study with PwC shows that project management contributes £156bn to UK economy and employs almost 1 in 12 workers – with that in mind, it’s time to shine a light on the very best people, projects and programmes that our profession has to offer and recognise the incredible achievements.”
The deadline for submission entry is Monday 17 June 2019 and winners will be announced at the 2019 APM Awards ceremony which will take place at Old Billingsgate, London on Monday 18 November.
Previous winners can be viewed here.
The APM Award Categories 2019
- Brian Willis Award (Academic)
- Herbert Walton Award (Academic)
- Geoffrey Trimble Award (Academic)
- Sir Monty Finniston Award (Lifetime Contribution to the Profession)
- Shell Health, Safety, Security and Environment Award
- Mike Nicholls Award for Inspiration
- Programme of the Year Award
- PMO of the Year Award
- Innovation in Projects Award
- Award for contribution to the profession: Consultancy
- Award for contribution to the profession: Not-for-profit/Charity
- Award for contribution to the profession: Company
- Young Project Professional of the Year Award
- Project Professional of the Year Award
- Technology Project of the Year Award
- Transformation Project of the Year Award
- Social Project of the Year Award
- Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure Project of the Year Award
- Overall project of the year Awards (chosen from the winners of the four Project of the Year Awards)