Ammann unveils forward-moving Vibratory Plates
Ammann has released its new line of technologically advanced APF Forward Moving Vibratory Plate Compactors, primarily for European countries. The plates provide industry-leading compaction power, manoeuvrability, forward-moving speed and climbing ability. They also are known for dramatically reducing unwanted vibration to operators.
The new models are the Ammann APF 12/33, APF 15/40, APF 15/50, APF 20/50 Hatz and APF 20/50 Honda. The APF product line is the lightest of all Ammann plate compactors, with weights ranging from 69 kg to 107 kg and widths of 330 mm to 500 mm.
The plates fit a broad range of applications, such as gardening, landscaping and patchwork for road repairs. With an optional water sprinkler and vulkollan® mat, the machines are also suitable for asphalt applications and the laying of paving stones.
The APF line is powered by reliable and efficient Honda petrol engines. The largest plate, the APF 20/50, is available with a Honda petrol or a Hatz diesel engine. The diesel engine performs well, even in high altitudes, and is a good alternative for owner who prefer diesel powered.
Key features of the plate compactors include:
- Low-vibration handle: Reduced vibration values (below 2.5 m/sec2) result from the Z-buffer in the handle bar. This patented system enables precise machine control while protecting the operator from vibration. The low HAV levels allow long work shifts without health risk to the operator or a need for documentation.
- Maintenance-free exciter system: The long-lasting cylindrical bearing design and an exciter unit that is generously designed in size deliver power and keep service to an absolute minimum. The exciter unit is completely maintenance-free for the lifetime of the machine. In addition, the ball bearings significantly reduce friction. The entire bearing unit is sealed, blocking entry of dust or water and eliminating the need for service throughout the life of the machine. The powerful system also provides better forward-movement force and travel speed as well as improved climbing ability to the plates.
- Full engine protection frame: The ergonomic frame protects all crucial components while working and during transport. The frame is also easy to grip, helping operators manoeuvre the machine – especially as they work in tight spaces.
- Wear-optimised run plate: The bottom wear plate is designed to last, with thicker protection added toward the back of the plate where the most wear occurs.
- Toolless mountable water tank: A water tank, available as an option on most of the plates, can be mounted without a single screw. This allows simple adjustment and also eases refilling. The tank with its 10 l capacity is large and the sprinkling system runs efficient to extend intervals between refilling. Operation is kept simple, a simple turn of the sprinkler bar activates or stops the water flow.
- Toolless Vulcolan mat: An optional mat, can be mounted in a few seconds, preparing the machine for work on paving stones and protecting the stones’ edges from cracking. Installation is extremely easy: The mat wraps around the foot and is secured with two hooks. No assembly or tooling is necessary.
- Transport wheels: The transport wheels can be dropped with a foot release. This allows a convenient and quick transportation of the machine on site and protects the operator’s back by eliminating bending and prevents fingers from being pinched.