Huge range of Cat Equipment, Technology and Services on display at Bauma
Caterpillar is showcasing more equipment, technology and services than ever before at bauma 2019, the world’s largest construction industry trade show in Munich, Germany. The expansive Caterpillar display features diverse product lines with new offerings, as well as an interactive display of the company’s enhanced services.
“Cat® construction machines are available with more automation, integrated technology and digital solutions that enable customers to focus on their most important task: running their businesses,” said Caterpillar’s Construction Industries Group President Ramin Younessi. “We are working to significantly decrease owning and operating costs while increasing power density and the use of alternative fuels, maximizing the efficiency of power systems, and expanding electrification in our product lines. We want to ensure our customers are successful with Caterpillar solutions.”
Caterpillar’s new technologies build upon decades-long experience in automation, technological development and electrification. Electrification allows customers to respond to more stringent emission and noise standards.
Caterpillar’s exhibit at bauma includes:
- Next Generation Cat machines offering functions such as GRADE, PAYLOAD, DETECT and COMMAND that maximize production, reduce costs and improve safety.
- The world’s first high-drive electric drive dozer, the D6 XE; offering up to 35 percent better fuel efficiency than its D6T predecessor.
- A concept 906 fully electric zero-emission compact wheel loader, powered by a lithium-ion battery with an electric drivetrain.
- The 988K XE, Caterpillar’s first diesel/electric-drive wheel loader, which dramatically improves fuel efficiency and productivity.
- Eight new Cat Next Generation mini hydraulic excavator models designed to provide customers exceptional performance, versatility, affordability, safety, and operator convenience by adding industry-first standard features such as joystick steering (Stick Steer) for 1-to-10-ton class machines.
- Three new Cat Next Generation excavators, including the 330 and 336, are equipped with integrated Cat technology that can increase operating efficiency up to 45 percent, compared with conventional grading operations, and can enhance fuel efficiency as much as 20 percent, compared with predecessor models.
“Beyond core product offerings, customers also have a choice of services that best fit their individual needs and budgets,” said Damien Giraud, vice president of Global Aftermarket Solutions Division. “Services range from new aftermarket products to service agreements, and full-fleet tracking through the new Cat App, the industry’s first mobile app designed to track critical machine operating data from the field.”
In total, Caterpillar is displaying 64 machines, 20 of them new introductions, a large selection of work tools and a full slate of dealer-delivered support services.
Together, Caterpillar and German dealer Zeppelin Cat have approximately 13,000 square meters of exhibit space at bauma 2019.