i.safe MOBILE launches rugged hand-held barcode scanner with integrated smartphone
i.safe MOBILE, specialist for rugged tablets and smartphones in potentially explosive atmospheres, today introduces the IS-TH1, the first hand-held barcode scanner for use in hazardous areas and industrial environments in the non-hazardous area.
The German company’s new development incorporates scanning technology from market leader Zebra and has been developed for two ranges. A mid-range variant for scans up to 6 metres and an extended range variant for scans over 15 metres.
Data capture uses Zebra’s reliable OEM imager scan engines, which offer unmatched decoding times and advanced barcode processing capabilities. The IS-TH1 handheld barcode scanner becomes a multi-function mobile device when combined with the IS530.x. To use the handheld barcode scanner, it must be connected to the smartphone and, through this connection, requires neither Bluetooth nor a separate battery.
Power and data are generated by the IS530.x with 13-pin ISM interface (connection option for RSM, PTT headset, among others) as if via a mobile computer and processed at top speed. Thanks to the HID factory setting, the captured 1D/2D barcode is immediately recognised and processed as a keyboard input.
Target industries include oil, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and food industries, as well as mining, utilities, municipalities and energy providers.
State-of-the-art data acquisition and processing
Connected to the IS530.x, almost any 1D or 2D barcode can be scanned from close range to over 15 m away, even under the most difficult conditions – just by pressing the trigger.
This highly intelligent scanner can even scan shrink-wrapped, dirty, uncleanly printed or pick-list codes, as well as extremely distant barcodes in high-bay racking.
It has an additional LED display, loudspeakers and a vibration alarm. Optional accessories include a desktop charging station, programming cable and a practical holster.
Multifunctional set with easy handling
The IS-TH1 is – In combination with the IS530.x – more than just a scanner. It is versatile, easy to use and replaces more than two devices. In no time at all, you click your smartphone into the handheld barcode scanner and securely connect the two devices via the ISM interface (the connection cable is permanently attached to the handheld barcode scanner), which are then immediately ready for use.
In addition to the wide range of scanning and data processing options, the functional 13-pin ISM interface allows, among others, passive remote speaker microphones (RSM) or PTT headsets to be connected to the smartphone. A replaceable battery in the IS530.x also makes the set suitable for continuous use across shifts. The IS530.x is Android Enterprise Recommended and also scores with regular security updates, support or seamless management options, it has a fast SOS function for emergencies and the highest audio quality (dual microphone incl. noise cancelling, 105 db speaker).
The smartphone enables FOTA updates, offers double security through seamless A/B updates, and especially larger, distributed teams benefit from contactless, company-wide full configuration and control of all corporate devices through Zero Touch.
The IS-TH1 is available in two different versions: The IS-TH1MR with Zebra SE4750 MR for ranges up to 6m and the IS-TH1ER with Zebra SE4850 ER for ranges above 15m. In addition, both variants of the new handheld barcode scanner from i.safe MOBILE are ATEX/IECEX certified for Ex Zone 1/21, Zone 2/22 and Mining and are available with the Rugged version for rugged, non-Ex industrial areas.
- Weight: 500 g (without IS530.x)
- Dimensions: 200 x 125 x 82mm
- Display functions: Loudspeaker | vibration | LED display
- Supply: Via the IS530.x | this can be loaded in the handle
- Communication: Via the multifunctional ISM interface of the IS530.x
- IS-TH1MR with Zebra SE4750 MR | up to 6m
- IS-TH1ER with Zebra SE4850 ER | above 15m
- ATEX: Ex-Zone 1/21 II 2G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb II 2D Ex ib IIIC T135°C Db IP6X
- IECEx: Ex-Zone 1/21 Ex ib IIC T4 Gb Ex ib IIIC T135°C Db IP6X
- IP68: Resistant to water, dust-tight, protected from micro-particles
- desktop charging station,
- programming cable
Overview/technical specification of industry smartphone IS530.x
- Platform: Android™ 9.0
- Dimensions: 155 x 80 x 25mm
- Weight: 325g
- PTT capable: Optional (third party application required)LWP (Lone worker Protection) -capable: Optional (third-party application required)
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- 4G GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- WCDMA: UMTS B1/2/4/5/8
- LTE-TDD: B38/B39/B40/B41
- LTE-FDD: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12 mit MFBI
- TD-SCDMA: B34/B39
- Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz + 5GHz: IEEE / 802.11a/ b/g/n/ac/e/k/r/h with hotspot for max. 8 connections
- NFC: Near Field Communication
- Display: 4.5” (11,43cm) Gorilla Glass® 3rd generation
- Resolution: 854 x 480 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM66 Octa Core / Kryo Gold-Quad cores 2,2GHz / Kryo Silver-Quad cores 1,8GHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, thereof 54GB availableMicroSD expandable up to 128GB
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM
- Camera: 2 cameras, 13MP AF (rear) and 5MP (front)
- Battery: 3.600MAh, replaceable, 3,8V; 12,65Wh
- Temperature ranges: -20°C up to +60°C
- Operability: Display can also be operated with gloves
- Location services: GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, A-Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo
- Sensors: location, gyroscope, gravity, ambient light, magnetic and proximity sensor
- ATEX: II 2G Ex ib IIC T4 Gb; II 2D Ex ib IIIC T135°C Db IP6X
- IECEx: Ex ib IIC T4 Gb; Ex ib IIIC T135°C Db IP6X
- CSA applied for North America: Class I, II, III Division 1; Groups A B C D E F G, T4; Intrinsically SafeI
- P68: 1 hour up to 2m depth, dust-tight, protected against microparticles
- MIL-STD-810G: US military standard especially protected against vibrations and falls from a height of up to 1.20 metres.