Grayhill introduces new rugged series 04JT joystick with tactile feedback
Grayhill, Inc. introduces the Series 04JT Discrete Joystick, which features direct tactile feedback, a rugged design, and reliable functionality. The single pole, 4-way toggle switch is designed and manufactured to meet military standards for immersion, mechanical shock, vibration, and moisture seal, making it ideal for harsh applications where vibration or contamination are a concern.
Sealed against contamination to IP 67 when properly mounted, the Series 04JT Joystick is the ideal choice for military weapons sights/goggles, display navigation, and equipment motion control via handgrip or panel mounting.
Key advantages include:
- Short behind-the-panel depth – requires less than 0.7 inches
- Dynamically sealed – tested to IP67 even when switch is actuated
- Momentary contact with tactile feedback – self-return to centre, where the contact is open
- Long life cycle – 250,000 cycles through all directions
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliant
- Tested to MIL Standard Environmental Requirements
Grayhill, Inc. is a privately held firm which designs and manufacturers intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. Standard products include optical and hall effect encoders, discrete and hall effect joysticks, rotary switches, keypads, and pushbuttons; all with finely tuned haptics. Grayhill specializes in creating ergonomic panels and product shells that integrate various interface technologies, including displays, our components, and gesture recognizing multi-touch technology. With headquarters in La Grange, Illinois, and multiple state-of-the-art facilities around the world, Grayhill’s team has the full engineering, product development and manufacturing expertise to deliver both standard and customized products quickly and cost-effectively.