Kenya Transport Sector Support Project – Rehabilitation of Airside Pavements and Airfield Ground Lighting System at Moi International Airport, Mombasa, Kenya
The Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) through the Government of Kenya has received funds from Agence Française de Développement (the French Development Agency) and the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Kenya Transport Sector Support Project.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of these funds will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of Airside Pavements and AGL System at Moi International Airport, Mombasa, Kenya – IFB No: KAA/ES/MIA/617C
The Kenya Airports Authority is now inviting sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction and completion of the rehabilitation/upgrading of airside pavements, the associated airfield lighting (AGL) system and drainage at Moi International Airport (“the Works”).
Interested eligible bidders can obtain further information from, and inspect the bidding documents at:
- The office of the General Manager (Procurement and Logistics), 2nd Floor, Kenya Airports Authority HQ Building, Airport North Road Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, P.O Box 19001-00501, Nairobi, Kenya
- From 8:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00 local time, from Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays
- Telephone: +254 20 6612000, +254206822111 / Facsimile number: +254 20 6822078
- Email (For enquiries only): firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Kshs.5000.00.
The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Works with Significant Environmental and Social impact dated April 2014.
Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 10:00 hrs, local time on 14th March 2017 and must be accompanied by a bid security of Kenya Shillings One Hundred and Fifty Five (155) million
Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 10:15 hrs at the offices of Kenya Airports Authority at the Conference room on 5th floor, KAA Headquarter Building
Qualification criteria are as follows:
Legally registered and meeting AFD Eligibility requirements with a minimum average annual turnover of Eighty-Two Million US Dollars (US$82 Million) calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed within the last five (5) years. Must demonstrate access to a cash flow of Ten Million US Dollars (US $10 Million). A significant experience within the last five (5) years in at least two contracts with a value of at least thirty million US Dollars (US$ 30 million) including similar works, carried out in a place with ongoing commercial operations.
Specified construction experience of similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed not in the Bidder’s own country as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January 2006 and application submission deadline: four contracts, each of minimum value US$ 66 Million. For the above or other contracts executed during the period, stipulated a minimum experience in the following key activities:
- Earthworks of 26,250 m³ per month
- Stabilised Sub base/Base for aircraft pavements: 7,000 m³ per month
- Asphalt concrete for aircraft pavements: 8,000 m³ per month.
- Geogrid reinforcement for aircraft asphalt pavements: 4,000 m² per month.
- Reinforced Rigid Pavement: 1450 m³ per month
- Drainage culverts, and lined Channels including subsurface drainage for airfields: 500 m per month
- For the following specialized works, the Employer permits specialized sub-contractors as per ITB 34.3”
- AGL Cabling -10,000 m per month
- AGL circuit with Runway Edge Lights, End lights, signs, and wind cones – 8,000m per month
- Slope with geotextiles and stone filled gabions, and ground stabilisation with geotextiles, geo-pipes (French drains) and filling
Note: The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology and/or other characteristics described in Section 7, Work’s Requirements. Summation of number of small value contracts (less than the value specified under requirement) to meet the overall requirement will not be accepted.