Italy awards Naples to Bari high-speed rail contract
Photo Credit To Fredrik Rubensson

Italy awards Naples to Bari high-speed rail contract

Italy awards Naples to Bari high-speed rail contract

A consortium of Italian contractors – Salini Impregilo and Astaldi has landed a €397m (US$ 420million) contract on the Naples to Bari High-speed Rail Project in Italy

Italferr – the Italian State Railways engineering firm, has commissioned the team to design and build the Naples to Cancello section of the route, which will extend for 15.5km across the Casoria, Casalnuovo,

Afragola, Caivano, and Acerra areas. The project also includes the construction of the Acerra station and two urban stations.

The project, scheduled for completion by 2022, is the first section of the Naples to Bari line, and forms a key part of plans to upgrade of railway lines throughout the country.

The section between Naples and Cancello will bring rail service to the new Napoli Afragola station that will act as the transfer point between regional and high-speed services, and improve access to rail services in Naples.

The Naples to Bari route is part of the Scandinavia to Mediterranean Corridor of the Trans-European Network (TEN).

Salini Impregilo has a 60% share in the consortium, with Astaldi holding the remaining 40%.

Content Bottom Adverts
Content Bottom Adverts
Content Bottom Adverts
Content Bottom Adverts
Content Bottom Adverts

Post source : ANGDavis Associates

About The Author

Neil Davis is the MD of ANGDavis Associates Ltd. A Civil Engineering Consultancy with over 75 years of real international contracting and consultancy experience.

Related posts