ABMEC announces first Environment Health & Safety Day at HSL Laboratories in Buxton
The Association of British Mining Equipment Companies ABMEC has announced their first Environment, Health & Safety Day at HSL Laboratories, Buxton. There are a limited number of places, so book quickly.
ABMEC have also announced an outstanding line up of speakers (listed below) for the Annual Conference on 22 November 2018. Register for Early Bird Discount before 31 August 2018.
For discounts, grant applications & other benefits, please contact ABMEC for details of membership.
|Environment, H&S meeting||Buxton H&S Laboratory, SK17 9JN||06/09/2018||£65 (non-member rate)||Includes tour of laboratory, H&S Exec, Cliff Seymour presentation, lunch, refreshments.|
|Drax Power Station||Selby||11/10/2018||Free||Fully Booked|
|IMME, India||Kolkata, India||31/10/2018-03/11/2018||£5,800 (non-member)||Last chance to join ABMEC pavilion. £2,500 TAP grants for eligible SMEs.|
|Pre-Conference Golf day / afternoon||Nottingham||21/11/2018||TBC|
|ABMEC Annual Conference||Nottingham, Belfry Hotel, NG8 6PY||22/11/2018||£155 (or £124 for participating partner)||Over 100 delegates registered to date. Register now for Early Bird Discount|
|Nottingham, Belfry Hotel, NG8 6PY||23/11/2018||£45*
|*If booked with Conference, Dr Chris Hinde’s overview & insight of mining industry (1/2 day). Register now.|
|ABMEC AGM Activities Join ABMEC to attend email for details.||Waterton Park, Near Wakefield WF2 6PW||16/05/2019||Free for 1 ABMEC member then at cost||SAVE THE DATE Golf, clay pigeon shooting, archery, dinner & entertainer (Billy Flywheel)|
Line up of speakers at ABMEC Conference
- Chris Hinde | Pick and Pen Ltd formerly S&P Global Market Intelligence – The state of the mining market; past, present and future.
- Graham Clarke | Sirius Minerals plc – The most exciting, largest mining project in UK today.
- Andrew Fulton | Boulby Mine – Learn from good practice: safety first and last
- Mark Kirkbride | West Cumbria Mining – Woodhouse Colliery: a 21st century underground coal mine in UK.
- Gary Sinclair | Compass Minerals – Winsford Salt Mine: past mining to present storage systems.
- Dr Carl Stephen Patrick Hunter | Coltraco – Why exporting is great; the benefits of and support for exporting in UK.
- Keith Williams | HSE – Updates on the most efficient safety methods in the world.
- Barnaby Fletcher | Control Risks – A look at the political change in South Africa with a view to reviving regional mining.
- Richard Dexter | Herrenknecht UK – Overcoming the challenges of mechanised shaft sinking.
- Charlie Blair | Gravitricity – Update on mineshaft energy storage technology.
- Estel Blay | S A Catapult – Benefit from satellite technologies, ideas and solution in an open innovation environment.
- Neil Slatcher | 3D Laser Mapping – The advantages of automatic laser scanning in mine safety.
- Chris Perkins | Lloyds Banking Group – Support your business with free intel from the banking system.
- Ian Harrison | DIT – Making the most of mining export opportunities worldwide.
- Chris Pook | D2N2 Growth Hub – Accessing financial support for your business.
- Dr Hakan Arden | DMT – The future for thermal coals
ABMEC is the only trade association representing the British mining equipment & services sector. It has 36 members, ranging from large OEMs of both surface & underground mining equipment, component suppliers & service providers too. In recent years the profile of members has increased in the surface mining sector compared with underground.