PLANTWORX featuring the Get SET (Skills, Employment and Training) Zone
New for Plantworx 2019 (11-13 June East of England Arena Peterborough) is the Get SET Zone, located in the indoor arena, which is designed to help visitors and exhibitors explore job openings, training courses, apprenticeships, and get support and advice about skills education, employment and training (SET) opportunities across the rail and construction sectors.
The zone will have space for exhibitors and visitors to have an informal chat about skills, education, employment and training. It will also link in with the Simulation Zone, showing the breadth and depth of jobs across both industries.
RailwayPeople.com will be offering free job listings to rail exhibitors and any plant/construction exhibitors who want to work within rail. They will also be inviting a number of company directors along each day to speak about the rail industry and the opportunities ahead.
Julie Wilkinson CVs will provide a writing service while MIND will offer free advice to visitors about mental health support. There will also be a mindfulness coach to support people looking for new jobs, changes in their career, and support through issues and changes at work.
On Wednesday 12th June in the Get SET Zone a Skills Conference will take place with speakers from Network Rail, tier one contractors, Costain and Amey and also National High Speed College. The schedule is as follows – all are welcome.
10.30 – 10.35 – Welcome/ Setting the Scene
10.35 – 10.45 – Opening Address (to provide an overview of where we are now with skills)
10.45 – 11.15 – Where do we want to be? (a closer look at how organisations overcoming skills shortages)
- Network Rail – Joe Guy (Head of Talent Acquisition)
- Pooling the whole recruitment/ retention
- Marketering (applying this to recruitment and marketing)
- Costain – Trudy Langton-Freeman (Lead HR Business Partner)
- Retention is key
11.15 – 11.45 – How are we going to get there? (how to educate, train, encourage people into the industries)
- National High-Speed College – Clair Mowbray (Chief Executive)
- Training/ Education/ Apprenticeships
- Listening to businesses
- Amey/ Rail Supply Group – Anna Delvecchio (Commercial Account Director)
- role model
- showing what can be achieved/ what the industry can offer
11.45 – 12.15 – The Future
- YRP – Mohanad Ismail (National Vice Chair)
- what our future leads want
- NSAR – Neil Franklin (Head of Skills Intelligence)
- what future needs might be
12.15 – 12.30 Q&A – Panel discussion
For more details on the event, a full exhibitor list and details of the new zones and initiatives visit PLANTWORX.
Registration for free fast track entry badges to the show is now open, visit the website to secure your place to visit the UK’s largest working construction event in 2019 at the East of England Arena Peterborough from 11-13 June.