UK Construction and real estate industry deals total $4.09 bn in Q3
Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q3 2019 worth $4.09bn were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 90.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 106.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.98bn.
The UK held a 9.9% share of the global industry M&A deal value that totaled $41.38bn in Q3 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 48 deals during Q3 2019, marking a drop of 5.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 5.9% over the last four-quarter average.
UK top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 85.6% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $3.5bn, against the overall value of $4.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Bovis Homes’ $1.36bn asset transaction with Galliford Try
- The $739.51m acquisition of Capital & Regional by Growthpoint Properties
- Gazit-Globe’s $633.62m acquisition of Atrium European Real Estate
- The $486.15m acquisition of Telford Homes by CBRE Group
- Capital Data Centre’s acquisition of Branhall Investments for $282.55m.