Construction and real estate deals totaled $31.61 Billion in the second quarter of 2019
Total construction & real estate industry deals for Q2 2019 worth $31.61bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
The value marked a decrease of 30.7% over the previous quarter and a drop of 52.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $66.05bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.5% over the last four-quarter average with 574 deals against the average of 571 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $14.11bn.
The top 5 deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 35.6% of the overall value during Q2 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $11.26bn, against the overall value of $31.61bn recorded for the quarter.
The top construction & real estate deal tracked by GlobalData in Q2 2019 were:
- $2.88bn merger of OUE Commercial REIT Management and OUE Hospitality Trust Management.
- $2.7bn acquisition of Chesapeake Lodging Trust by Park Hotels & Resorts
- TITAN Cement International’s $2.4bn acquisition of Titan CementSA.
- $1.98bn acquisition of Holcim Philippines by First Stronghold Cement Industries
- I Squared Capital Advisors’ private equity deal with Domidep for $1.3bn.